Thursday, November 29, 2012

Charity Miles...


I’ve been on a diet this week (Thanksgiving Food Hangover) and that means that I’ve been working out.
Today I happened to notice mention of an app called Charity Miles. Naturally, the title intrigued me and I began to hunt down said app.

Charity Miles is an app that tracks your outdoor activities (i.e. running, walking or biking) and donates money to charity per mile that you complete. How awesome is that?!
They have a list of charities that you choose from before you start your workout, once your charity is selected you start your workout (must be outside, no treadmills etc because it uses gps) and it starts tracking your miles.

I tested it out on my lunch break today - I ran for Stand Up to Cancer.
25 cents per mile for walkers and runners

10 cents per mile for bike riders
A little can go a long way…and you’re already going to work out today right? So why not do some good for someone else while you are doing good for yourself?

According to their website, the Charity Miles challenge launched June 2012 and will end May 31, 2013...so get going!

*I believe it’s only available for Androids and iPhones right now – and you have to have a FaceBook account to use it because it links through there. It looks like enough people have complained about the FaceBook aspect in their reviews that this may change sometime in the future.
Full of Reason…to work out while helping charities.

Win Win.
 
Love,
Elyse

 

No comments:

Post a Comment