Monday, January 27, 2014

Run for a reason...


Let me start with this: I hate running. I will probably never be one of those people who discovers a passion or love of strapping on a pair of sneakers and hitting the road to run for hours.
That being said, I do run from time to time and I have found that I am more motivated to do it when I have a good reason to do it (beyond the obvious good reasons: i.e. health and/or training for a zombie apocalypse).
In April I will be running in Pat’s Run – 4.2 miles and an opportunity to raise funds for the Pat Tillman Foundation. Honestly, before today I had never looked into this foundation. But I did some research and I am a big fan of a foundation that encourages higher education and the people who serve our country. You can learn a bit more about it here http://pattillmanfoundation.org/who-we-are.
If you’re interested in donating to this foundation and my upcoming run – head on over to my fundraising page http://www.crowdrise.com/Elyse2014 Your donation will support the Tillman Military Scholars who are carrying on Pat's legacy of service to others.
If you can’t donate right now – no worries! Comments/Emails/Notes of encouragement are always welcome too. J
I still hate running…but I love raising funds and awareness for a good cause.
Full of Reason – Running for a Reason.

Love,
Elyse

No comments:

Post a Comment